Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Upcycled Jewelry Armoire

When I moved earlier this year, my sister asked me if I wanted a wood bar cabinet that she was no longer using.  I gladly agreed to take it off her hands, but wasn't quite sure how I was going to use it at the time.

Just before my older diva turned 2, she discovered my jewelry box and immediately became enamored of all the shiny baubles it housed.  Fun for her, not so fun for me as I had to pick up all my costume jewelry off my bedroom floor...several times a day.

After the billionth time picking up the jewelry, the idea suddenly hit me to convert the bar cabinet into a jewelry armoire!  My brother-in-law had installed a magnetic child-proof lock on it to keep my nephews out of the cabinet when they were toddlers.  Now, I could house all my costume jewelry and keep diva girl out!

The cabinet is tall and narrow, so it was perfect.  I bought a ring/earring tray and two bracelet trays from Target, along with some tea cup hooks. 

Sidenote:  They had bracelet trays that matched the ring/earring tray I bought, but the cabinet was too narrow to use them, so I had to go with the plastic ones instead.

I screwed the tea cup hooks into the inside of the door to hang my necklaces and ~voila!~ I was the proud owner of a jewelry armoire!

 
Ring/Earring Tray
 
Bracelet Trays
 
Tea Cup Hooks for necklaces
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment