Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY Key Rack

I got this idea off Pinterest and used some items I had on-hand.  It was an impromptu weekend project, so it was great that I had the materials I needed to complete it.  It made me feel very justified about hanging on to random objects in hopes of converting them into something useful someday.  Heh.


The key racks I saw on Pinterest did not have a fabric background, but I decided to include a fabric background on mine to prevent the keys from scraping up the paint/wall. 

Materials needed:

Wooden photo frame
Fabric of your choice (optional for background)
Tea Cup Hooks - 2
Embellishments

Tea Cup Hooks:  Screw one hook approximately 1 inch from the inside top edge of the frame on each side. 

Fabric background:  It's a bit blurry, but the words on the fabric read "faith hope love".  It was scrap material left over from a nursing blanket I made for the younger diva when she was born.  I cut the fabric to the size of the frame using the frame backing that I removed and discarded.  I used a hot glue gun to attach the fabric to the frame.

Embellishments:  I had a cross refrigerator magnet that I decided to repurpose for the key rack.  It has the following verse on it - "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15




No comments:

Post a Comment