Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Curried Chicken Stew

My house smells a-MAY-zing right now, thanks to a batch of curried chicken stew in my crockpot!  I discovered this dish earlier this year and rotate it through my meal plan about every 2-3 months or so.  It is definitely a favorite cold weather dish, but it's not like we get a lot of cold weather days, so I will even make it in the middle of our hot, humid Florida summer!


Curried Chicken Stew

4-6 bone-in chicken thighs
2 tsp olive oil
6 carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
1 C. unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 C. curry paste (mild or hot, to your taste)
Optional add-ins: chopped pistachios, golden raisins, cilantro, and/or crushed red pepper (I use the golden raisins)

Using the olive oil, brown the chicken thighs in a frying pan skin side down for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.

Layer carrots and onions in crockpot. Whisk together coconut milk and curry paste. Pour over carrots and onions, then top mixture with the chicken thighs.

Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Top servings with add-ins of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment