Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Prayer pot

As I began drafting this post, I paused to wonder just how many little clay pots that have been decorated have been given to me as a gift over the years.  The answer was... a lot!  I have received them as teacher gifts, Mother's Day presents, and even got one with those crafty flower pens in it as an Administrative Assistant's Day gift once.  I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has collected these little treasures over the years. 

Most of them have come with a plant or flower planted in them.  But, if you have visited my gardening board on Pinterest, I can tell you it is named My non-green thumb for a very good reason!  So, once the plant or flower meets its inevitable fate of being thrown out, I'm left to wonder what to use the pot for now that it's empty.

If you read this post, you saw that I used one for our Chores.  If you didn't read it, go read when you're done reading this! :)

Another idea I had was to use one for a Prayer pot.  As a family, we were often bringing prayer requests to each other - both for ourselves and for others around us.  So, I decided to convert one of the pots into a Prayer pot.  I filled it with blank craft sticks and added a Sharpie pen, then placed it in the center of our dining room table.



Each person can add a prayer request whenever they want.  We pray over them collectively after dinner and devotional time as often as possible.  When a prayer is answered, we remove the stick to make room for a new one.

I am considering writing the answer to the prayer on the back of the stick and saving them for 6 months - 1 year, so we can go back and see how God has worked in our lives and the lives of those we know and love over time.  Hmmm, I guess I need to go find another pot to store those in now!

No comments:

Post a Comment