Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal Pancakes

It's exams week for the older mancub, so I have been pushing breakfast even more than usual every morning this week.  Clearly, I have spoiled him because cereal is not acceptable and a hot breakfast is a must have.  So, this morning I made Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal pancakes - better known as the BEST PANCAKES EVER!!  Seriously.  These pancakes are fluffy, but dense at the same time.  I'm not even sure how that is possible.  Don't believe me?  Try them for yourself!  The lousy cell phone picture doesn't do them justice, but if I'm going to keep it real on this blog I can't whip out my camera and have a food photo shoot every time something turns out well.  Maybe someday - like 18 years from now when all of the mancubs and divas are grown and trying not to mess up rearing kids of their own. ;)



Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal Pancakes

1 C quick oats
1 C all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp wheat germ
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 C milk
1 ripe banana, mashed
Organic coconut oil (for cooking)

Measure the quick oats into a mixing bowl.  Combine the next four ingredients in a sifter and sift into the mixing bowl with the quick oats.  Add the wheat germ, egg, and milk and blend well (I use a fork or a whisk to blend to minimize lumps in the batter).  Fold in the banana.

You can use cooking spray in place of the coconut oil, but I prefer coconut oil.  Cook over medium heat.  Flip one time, once the tops of the pancakes form bubbles (about 2 minutes), and cook an additional 2 minutes.  Serve with butter (optional) and syrup.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment